Buying high PR websites with a good amount of inbound links can lead to traffic for your new blog or website, helps give you a boost when you’re just starting out. Follow this guide to ensure you don’t get screwed.
1. Check the domain is still available
2. Check for fake PR with – http://www.rankchecker.com/pag…..k-checker/
3. Check to see there is no 301 redirect – http://www.ragepank.com/redirect-check/
4. Double check there is no 301 redirect in Google (search for ‘info:domain.com)
5. Check this site is indexed in Google (search for ‘site:website.com’)
6. Use way back machine to check the type of site it was with – http://web.archive.org/
Use Open Site Explorer (http://www.opensiteexplorer.org/) to check the following:
1. Domain authority and page authority is above 20 (30+ is excellent)
2. Number of linking root domains (over 50 is very good; over 100 is excellent)
3. MozTrust (over 3 is very good, over 4 is excellent and 5+ is outstanding)
The most important factors with Open Site Explorer
Use Majestic SEO to check the following:
1. Find out which profile is better from http://www.website.com or website.com
2. Check external backlinks numbers (PR2 min = 100 |PR3 min = 300 | PR4 min = 1,000 | PR5 min = 10,000)
3. Referring Domains divided by External Backlinks should equal 0.05 or above
4. Citation flow >10 and trust flow >20 (Trust flow of >30 is excellent!) [This is minimum! Personally I wont buy a domain with 20 at least CT of 20 and TF of 20]
5. Use the ‘Backlinks’ tab to check the top backlinks and check for PR1+ links as a quality link profile should have this (use SEOQuake for this)
6. Make sure there are no bad backlinks (eg. Porn sites, gambling, pharmaceutical, general spam)
MozTrust: According to some this is the most important factor of buying high PR sites and here are two things to mention.
– If I see a domain with a MozTrust of 3.5 but only 5 linking root domains from high quality sites (those 5 links are high PR links) I would definitely pick it up.
– If a domain only has a MozTrust of 2.0 but 1,000 linking root domains and the links appear to be spammy and from low quality sites I would avoid it.
– Way Back Machine: Check the screenshots and if the screenshots look like they are from a totally different site that has a high PR it’s probably fake. For example if your domain is website.com and you can clearly see the site is unrelated and it even has james-person.com on the main page when you are looking at website.com. It’s fake.
Majestic SEO Trust Flow & Citation Flow: Generally, look for sites with a trust flow higher than the citation flow as this attributes to an authentic site.
Below is one of the most important factors in determining PR and relates to step 5 of MajesticSEO. Don’t overlook this!
Page Rank in General: On an extremely basic level whatever PR link points to a site means that the site should be a PR of the original less two. For example if a PR6 points to a site then instantly that site should be at least a PR4.
If there are 3x PR links pointing to a site the site that is being linked to should be the original less one. For example if 3x PR6 points to a site then instantly that site should be at least a PR5.
Also see this guide on how to find expired domains cheap, very manual and time consuming but can prove useful.
I hear that namecheap.com give free privacy
Prpowershot = free expired domains tool
register compass = best paid tool
cheap hosting can be found on forums. Here is one of such forum sale thread:
Feel free to scroll back many pages for juicy 1$ hosting offers
Hosting on sites like this is quite stable for the price. Yes its not hostgator, but my pr sites have always been online since when I started using these hosts.
I’ll advice you get as many offers as you need all on the same day, to consolidate monthly payments.
A few I host my high pr domains on for months now are:
- 14 host
Yet you need to visit that forum for special coupon codes to knock the price down.