Put Your Best Foot Forward
We thought the best way to teach you how to write amazing text ads, is to just show you. If you follow the steps we covered in the last session and follow the videos below, you will have no problem writing text ads that bring you more bang for your buck. Remember, not everyone is going to get this their first time and it may take a few tries before you actually have ads that work. Always remember to K.I.S.S. and you will do just fine. Here’s more more detailed tips for AdWords.
- The use of numbers – You’ll see numbers a lot in successful AdWords ads.
- The use of ASCII characters – As with numbers, ASCII characters make the ads stand out from the competition and draw more eyeballs to it than a block of words/letters. (The percent sign (%), registered trademark (®), plus sign (+) and asterisks (*) )
- A great offer – a great offer can overcome a lot of other deficiencies in a landing page. The same is true for an ad.
- A call to action – Let people know what they’re supposed to do.
- A benefit – Give them something